Real Estate Attorney Ranj Mohip
2012 SuperLawyer “Riding Star”, 2013 SuperLawyer “Rising Star”, 2014 SuperLawyer “Rising Star”
JOHN MARSHALL LAW SCHOOL, CENTER FOR REAL EIL LAW, Chicago, IL
- Master of Laws in Real Estate, LLM, with honors, June 2002.
- Member of the Kratovil Chapter of Lambda Alpha International, Fair Housing/Fair Lending, and LLM Accelerated Program.
THOMAS M. COOLEY LAW SCHOOL, Lansing, MI
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, September 2001
- Invited for Law Review; Dean’s List Scholar; Cooley Academic Scholarship Recipient; Outstanding Senior Leadership Award; Certificate of Merit–Evidence; Moot Court Competitor; Black
- Law Students Association, Academic Chair; Hispanic Law Students Association.
MOUNT ST. CLARE COLLEGE, Clinton, IA
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts, Cum Laude, May 1998
- Graduated with four liberal arts concentrations; Presidential Scholarship recipient; Social Science Divisional Scholarship recipient; Dean’s List; Mentioned in Who’s Who Among College and University Students and the National Dean’s List.
LAW OFFICE OF RANJ MOHIP, LLC, Chicago, IL 2002 to Present
Acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential real estate, zoning compliance, title corrections, property tax appeals, eminent domain, fair housing litigation, leasing, personal injury, civil litigation, educational due process hearings, estate planning, corporate formation, and collections. Corporate counsel for First Equity Title, Inc, Joint Venture, Inc, Rontu’s Construction, LLC, Chicagoland Title Insurance Agency, INC, Hand to Hand Construction, LLC, Mogul Builders, Inc., Professional Audiology, Inc, A.M.S. One Corp., Serenity Home Healthcare, Inc, Home Solutions Group, Inc, Starlite Construction, Inc, Shree Shakti LLC, Shree Ramakrishna, LLC, Shree Saibaba, LLC, and Head Trauma Records LP.
STERBCOW LAW GROUP, LLC, New Orleans, LA 2003 to Present
Conducted complex commercial and residential transactions, real estate development, real estate taxation, contracts, construction litigation, leasing, landlord/tenant, land use and zoning, fair housing, and eminent domain. Corporate counsel for CamSoft Data Solutions, Muro Media LLC, Show Me Construction, Latter & Blum, and Essential Title.
BRISCOE, FORD & GANTT, LLC, Atlanta, GA 2006 to Present
Conducted all complex foreclosure and mortgage litigation, commercial and residential transactions, and appeals. Investigated RESPA and HUD violations. Reviewed and negotiated entertainment contracts, sport contracts, and endorsement contracts. Corporate counsel for McKenzie Property Management, LLC.
TICOR TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY 2001 to 2002
Reviewed lien waivers and conducted audits for construction escrow department. Completed title examinations and prepared title commitments. Completed water and zoning certifications as well as city, county, and state declaration forms. Participated in residential closings, commercial closings, and mortgage refinances.
LECTURES, SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS, & CONFERENCES
- Panelist, “Small Firms and Non-traditional Practices.” John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL.
- Guest, “Strategic Default in Residential Mortgages.” The Santita Jackson Show, WVON 1690 AM, Chicago, IL.
- Speaker, Women of Vision Home Buyer Seminar. Kennedy-King College, Chicago, IL.
- Instructor, HUD’s Home Buyer Counseling and Certification, Bethel New Life CDC, Chicago, IL.
- Speaker, “Asset Protection and Estate Planning.” Cook County Nurses Union, Chicago, IL.
- Speaker, “WOW; Ten Months to Home Ownership.” Rebirth of Englewood CDC, Chicago, IL.
- Speaker, “WOW; Ten Weeks to Home Ownership.” Rebirth of Englewood CDC, Chicago, IL.
- Speaker, “What Every Home Buyer Should Know about Predatory Lending.” The National Association of Real Estate Brokers–Investment Division, Inc., Housing Counseling Agency, Chicago IL.
- Attended, “’What King Wrought?’ The Impact of the Summer of 1966 on Housing Rights.” Fair Housing Legal Support Center, Chicago, IL.
- Attended, “Meeting For Tax Appeal Attorneys.” Cook County Board of Review, Chicago, IL.
- Presented, “Predatory Lending in Illinois and the Effect on Minority Communities.” Expo for Today’s Black Woman, Chicago, IL.
- Lectured, “Introduction to the Fourth Amendment: Search and Seizures.” Gordon College, Atlanta, GA.
- Lectured, “The Internet and the Fourth Amendment.” Northeastern University, Chicago, IL.
- Attended, “New Illinois High Risk Home Loan Act.” Chicago Bar Association, Chicago, IL.
- Lectured, “Eminent Domain and the Constitution.” Barat College, Lake Forest, IL.
- Lectured, “Terry v. Ohio.” Barat College, Lake Forest, IL.
- Attended, “Essential Teaching Skills for Adjunct Law Professors.” Institute for Law School Teaching, Chicago, IL.
- Attended, “Market Failures and Predatory Lending—Setting the Foundation for Reform.” The National Consumer Law Center and the Woodstock Institute, Chicago, IL.
- Attended, “Real Estate Taxation: An Overview for the Non-Specialist.” Chicago Bar Association, Chicago, IL.
- Guest speaker, “The Value of a Liberal Arts Degree.” Franciscan University, Clinton, IA.
- Attended, “Analyzing Real Estate Loan Defaults in an Era of Securitization.” Kratovil Lecture Series, Chicago, IL.
- Lectured, “The Fair Housing Act and the Effect in Illinois.” John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL
- Speaker, Academic Retreat for The National Black Law Students Association, DePaul University, Chicago, IL.
- Lectured, “Lender Solutions to Financing Construction Projects.” John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL.
- Lectured, “Internal Revenue Code §121(b): The Homeowner’s Exclusion.” John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL.
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- ABA Construction Law Section
- ABA Real Property
- Probate and Trust Law Section
- Association of American Law Schools
- Lambda Alpha International Kratovil Chapter Fellow
- Legal Writing Institute