Chicago IL HARP Attorney
An attorney in the Chicago area would understand that if you have had trouble refinancing due to declining home values the HARP or Home Affordable Refinance Program may be helpful for you. This program is for people that are not behind on their mortgage, but are looking to refinance and have been declined. The HARP program was created to help you get a more stable affordable mortgage. In this program you will have to do a loan application and there are refinancing fees that apply.
- The list below will help you know if you qualify for HARP:
- You must be current on your mortgage when you refinance. You must also have had a good payment history for the last twelve months.
- Your mortgage must be guaranteed or owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac.
- Your mortgage must have been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31st of 2009.
- Your loan to value ratio has to be above 80%
- You cannot have been previously refinanced under HARP except in the case of a Fannie Mae loan that had been refinanced under HARP between March and May of 2009.
The list above is there to give you some guidance, but please give our office a call if you have any questions about this program. Chicago attorney Ranj Mohip LLC is here to help you with HARP.